Tenants FAQ

asdf Do I have to have the electricity connected or is this included?

   It is your responsibility to have all services, including electricity, gas and telephone/internet at the property connected and placed in your name, unless stated in the advertisement as being included.
Please let me know on your application form if you need contact numbers for the main utility providers.



asdf How and when do I have to pay my rent?


The frequency of your rental payments will be listed on your lease agreement and explained to you when you sign up. Usually, rental payments are due either each fortnight or each calendar month, depending on the lease agreement that you’ve negotiated. The rent must be paid in advance. The easiest way of knowing if your rent payments are in advance is that your payments are made before your “paid to” date listed on your ledger statement. Your ledger can be posted or emailed you upon request at any time – just ask!


If at any time you are unable to make a rental payment in full and/or on time, please contact your Property Manager to advise them and discuss your payment options.


Please note that if you are sharing the property with another person (whose name is on the Tenancy Agreement), you are both equally liable for paying the rent.


All rental payments must be made by the method that has been listed on your lease agreement.



asdf Property Condition Report – What do I do with it again!?


You are given two (2) copies of the condition report when you sign up your leased agreement. This condition report actually forms part of that agreement and is extremely important as it outlines the condition of the property BEFORE you took possession. It is your responsibility to look over the condition report and make notes of any additional items that may have been missed on the original report. This copy must be returned to our office within 7 days. The third copy is for you to retain for your files.


When you have vacated the property the condition at that time is compared to the condition at commencement and any variation (fair wear and tear excepted) will be your responsibility to reinstate.


If a signed copy is not returned to this agency and a dispute arises at the end of your tenancy, the condition of the property will most likely be assessed as that indicated on the Report completed by this office.


asdf Do you hold on to my Rental Bond?


Your Rental Bond will be lodged with the NSW Office of Fair Trading and is held as security against any unpaid rent or damage to the property. Upon lodgment you will receive written confirmation from the Department of Fair Trading providing you with a Rental Bond Registration Number.


Your Rental Bond will be refunded to you soon after you vacate the property, provided all rent has been paid and no monies owing for cleaning or repairs.



asdf How do I report Repairs and Maintenance?


All requests for repairs and maintenance must be made IN WRITING to our office, preferably via email or vie out “Maintenance Request Form” on this website. If possible, photos supplied of the problem. The reason for this requirement is to ensure that nothing is missed – as you can imagine, it’s difficult remember all repairs reported whilst you’re out on the road and something can be easily missed. Wherever possible please supply photos as proof of the problem.


In the event of an urgent repair required outside office hours and your Property Manager being un-contactable, arrangement for repairs can be made directly with the trades people listed on the front page of your Residential Tenancy Agreement. Please see our “Urgent Maintenance” page for more details of this.



asdf Will you want to inspect the property during my tenancy?


During the course of your tenancy, your Property Manager will inspect your property periodically, after you have been given 7 days notice. This will include an inspection 3 months after your tenancy commences and then every 6 months.


We will contact you in advance to arrange a mutually convenient time. The purpose of these inspections is to advise the owner of the condition of the property, how it is being maintained by you, and to allow you to advise us of any repairs or maintenance you feel are needed.



asdf Do I need to take out Insurance?


Unfortunately, the owner’s insurance cover on the property does not extend to cover your belongings. On this basis, we strongly suggest that you take out comprehensive contents insurance to cover your belongings against fire, theft and other perils.


In the event that you, another occupier, or visitor accidentally damages the property and rectification work is required, you may be required to pay any excess that may apply to the owner’s insurance cover.



asdf How do I end my Tenancy Agreement?


If you wish to vacate the property, please advise us in writing of your intent. The following notice periods would be required;

  • If your lease is due to end, you are required to give at least 14 days notice prior to expiry of the agreement. Your final day cannot be before the expiry of the agreement.
  • Once the fixed term of your Tenancy Agreement has expired you must give us at least 21 days written notice in advance.



asdf What if I need to break my lease?


If any unforeseen circumstances arise and you have to vacate the property prior to the expiration of your Tenancy Agreement, please contact your Property Manager immediately.
In this situation we will endeavor to find another tenant to take over your tenancy.
If this occurs, you will be responsible for the following:

  • Payment of all rent until another suitable tenant commences the tenancy
  • Payment of a letting fee – approx. 1 Weeks rent + GST
  • Payment of an agreement preparation fee of $33
  • Payment of any advertising costs of $88